KG blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Great way to share large files

I've been looking for a good way to share videos taken from my digital camera.
The files end up being like 10 to 20 mb... too large to email.
But I found this site called www.YouSendIt.com while looking for a job.
(How come I find so many cool sites while "looking for jobs?")

It is so super awesome! I'm so giddy :) And of course its free.
  • This site has one simple form (only 3 required fields to fill out)
  • No sign up or registration required for anyone
  • You can send files up to 1GB
  • Once you submit the form the file is uploaded to their servers and a link to the file is generated. An email is sent to the people you request with the link and a message you write. The link stays active for 7 days. You can even just IM the link to someone.
Whats the catch?
  • So far there is NONE! I have no idea how they make any money other than a small ad on the page confirming your file was uploaded.
If you can figure out how they make money, please tell me. Also feel free to send me good music or movies to check out (of course only the legal ones ehhem ;))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home